Restorative dentistry in Devon works to replace or repair damaged or missing teeth. Restorative procedures can range from simple dental fillings to very costly dental implants and crowns.
At Devon Dental Associates, we are happy to offer options for restorative dentistry near you. Read on to learn all about restorative dentistry and how these procedures can benefit you.
Types of Restorative Dentistry Procedures
Here are the main kinds of restorative dentistry procedures that our team offers:
- Dental Fillings- these are a very cost-effective and simple way to restore teeth that have become decayed, chipped, or cracked. Our dentist will remove the decay in this procedure and fill the space with a filling material such as silver amalgam, composite resin, or gold.
- Dental Implants- these are used to replace missing teeth in the mouth. In this procedure, a biocompatible implant post will be surgically placed in your jaw, and a false tooth will be attached to the post to replace your missing tooth. A dental implant acts, feels, and looks like a natural tooth.
- Dental Bridges- these are another option for replacing missing teeth. Dental bridges, true to their name, bridge the gap created by a missing tooth. They use dental crowns placed over the natural teeth on each side of the gap as anchors to hold the replacement tooth in the gap.
- Dental Crowns- these are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over damaged or cracked teeth to repair and support them. Dental crowns can be custom-designed by our dentist near you to perfectly blend in with your natural teeth, ensuring that you maintain a natural-looking and radiant smile.
- Partial Dentures- these work to replace more than one missing tooth in a row. They are held in place using wires attached to natural teeth.
What is the Significance of Restorative Dentistry?
Most people who have missing teeth feel quite self-conscious about their appearance. Not only does a gap in your smile bring down your self-esteem, but it can also lead to problems with your bite alignment. When you have a missing tooth, the remaining teeth in your mouth will shift to fill the gap. By getting a tooth repaired to prevent extraction or replacing a missing tooth, you will ensure your smile remains radiant and healthy.
Cost of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry can cost anywhere from a couple hundred to several thousand dollars, and for this reason, it is important to ask your dentist in Devon for a cost estimate. This estimate should include all the details and associated costs of the proposed procedure. You can use this estimate to work with your dental insurance company and determine how much, if any, of the procedure costs they will cover. Don’t hesitate to get estimates from more than one dentist to find the one that is most affordable for you.
Visit Devon Dental Associates
If you have missing or damaged teeth, you should consider getting restorative dentistry treatments. Our team at Devon Dental Associates is happy to provide you with several options for high-quality and comprehensive restorative dentistry procedures. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our professional dental team to learn more today.
We look forward to helping you begin your smile transformation journey.