Emergency Dentistry Near You
While they may be unexpected, dental emergencies can happen at any time. Whether you get hit in the face while playing a sport or break your tooth biting into something hard, you must have an emergency dentist in Devon that you can trust. At Devon Dental Associates, we are happy to provide emergency dentistry near you so that you can rest assured that you will get the care and attention you deserve, no matter when a dental emergency occurs.
What is a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies can present in many forms, and it can be challenging to understand what counts as a dental emergency. Generally, anything that is causing you severe levels of pain and discomfort should be considered a dental emergency. Here are some examples of dental emergencies:
- A lost dental restoration
- A severe toothache
- A broken jaw
- A laceration on your inner cheeks, tongue, or lips
- A broken or fractured tooth
When you visit Devon Dental Associates seeking emergency dentistry, you can trust that our dedicated team of dental professionals will work with you to calmly and effectively address any dental emergency that you may be facing.
What To Expect During an Emergency Dental Visit
When you visit our team at Devon Dental Associates with a dental emergency, our dentist will begin by examining your injuries and trauma to determine the cause and extent of the problem. Each case is unique, and therefore treatment options will vary.
Here are some of the most commonly used dental treatments for the most common dental emergencies that we see at Devon Dental Associates:
- Root canal therapy- if you have a severe toothache, then the culprit may be an infection in the center of your tooth, and you will require root canal therapy to remove this infection.
- Dental fillings- if you have tooth decay or lost a former dental restoration such as a filling, the answer is often as simple as replacing the filling or removing the decay and replacing it with a new filling.
- Dental crowns- if you have a fractured or broken tooth, our dentist may be able to restore your tooth with a dental crown.
- Laceration repair- if there is a deep cut in or around your mouth, our dentist near you will likely clean and suture the area, as well as provide you with medications to stave off pain and infection.
In Need of an Emergency Dentist Near You?
At Devon Dental Associates, our team is happy to offer our patients access to emergency dentistry in Devon. If you ever find yourself facing a dental emergency, please do not wait to reach out to us.